48th Annual Conference of the California-Nevada Chapter of the American Fisheries Society
Please read below for details of the meeting such as Call for Papers and Hotel Registration. Other detailed information about the meeting will be availabale soon. Feel free to contact Norm Ponferrada at firstname.lastname@example.org for any other additional information you may need. Thank you.
AMERICAN FISHERIES SOCIETY
CHALLENGES. COLLABORATION. SOLUTIONS.
48th Annual Conference of the California-Nevada Chapter
Thursday, March 27th through Saturday, March 29th of 2014
Embassy Suites, Sacramento Riverfront Promenade
100 Capitol Mall, Sacramento, CA, 95814
The theme of the 48th Annual Conference of the California-Nevada Chapter of the American Fisheries Society is “Challenges. Collaboration. Solutions”. This year’s theme is intended to showcase our scientists with their different areas of expertise and knowledge in both fisheries science and regulatory policies to inform the audience about their role to improve the conservation and sustainability of fishery resources and aquatic ecosystems including their role as leaders, followers, team members, and advocates. Sessions will be organized based on topic that will explore the work of our active members and non-members alike in helping achieve the mission of the AFS.
FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS AND POSTERS
This call for papers seeks oral and poster contributions relevant to the conference theme including, but not limited to: Native Fishes, Fish Genetics, Dam Removal, Bay Delta Conservation Plan, Restoration, San Joaquin River Basin, Sturgeon, Telemetry, marine aquaculture, and FERC Relicensing.
Abstract submissions are due February 28, 2014, and they must include:
1. Type of presentation preferred (oral, poster, or both);
2. A general statement how it’s related to the conference theme;
3. Title of the presentation;
4. Author, full affiliation, mailing address, phone number, and email address;
5. Name of presenter and contact person if different from first author;
6. Students indicate participation in “best student paper or poster”;
7. Text of abstract in 300 words or less;
8. Write “2014 Cal-Neva AFS Abstract” in subject line of email; and then
9. Email abstracts to Norm Ponferrada at email@example.com
Please feel free to contact Norm if you have any general questions about the conference. Your attendance is very important to us!
Embassy Suites Sacramento Riverfront Promenade, 100 Capitol Mall
There are 3 ways that guests can make reservations (Our discounted rate is $99.00):
2. Go to www.sacramento.embassysuites.com and make a reservation using the group/convention code: AFS
3. Call 1-800-498-5237 and ask for the American Fisheries Society CA and NV Chapter – AFSC discount rate.
Please keep in mind that all reservations must be in by: March 6, 2014.
Early Registration for the 48th annual conference is now available at Eventbrite :