48th Annual Conference of the California-Nevada Chapter of the American Fisheries Society
AMERICAN FISHERIES SOCIETY
CHALLENGES. COLLABORATION. SOLUTIONS.
48th Annual Conference of the California-Nevada Chapter
Thursday, March 27th through Saturday, March 29th of 2014
Embassy Suites, Sacramento Riverfront Promenade
100 Capitol Mall, Sacramento, CA, 95814
The theme of the 48th Annual Conference of the California-Nevada Chapter of the American Fisheries Society is “Challenges. Collaboration. Solutions”. This year’s theme is intended to showcase our scientists with their different areas of expertise and knowledge in both fisheries science and regulatory policies to inform the audience about their role to improve the conservation and sustainability of fishery resources and aquatic ecosystems including their role as leaders, followers, team members, and advocates. Sessions will be organized based on topic that will explore the work of our active members and non-members alike in helping achieve the mission of the AFS.
Embassy Suites Sacramento Riverfront Promenade
100 Capitol Mall Sacramento, CA
Secure your promotional rate for a room reservation at Embassy Suites ($99.00 per night) by any of the following options:
- Go to http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/groups/personalized/S/SACESES-AFS-20140327/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
- Go to www.sacramento.embassysuites.com and make a reservation using the group/convention code: AFS
- Call 1-800-498-5237 and request the American Fisheries Society CA and NV Chapter – AFSC discount rate.
Please keep in mind that all reservations must be in by: March 6, 2014.
Early Registration for the 48th annual conference is now open. All attendees are required to register, including speakers, volunteers and guests. For your convenience, there are a number of ways to register for the conference:
- Visit the Eventbrite site (click on, or copy and paste the URL): https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2014-california-nevada-chapter-of-the-american-fisheries-society-annual-conference-tickets-9408120943
- Go to the Event Registration Page on this site.
- Download your copy of the Paper Registration Form, fill it out completely, and mail it in with payment.
Registration Cancellation: Refunds will be issued based on the timing of cancellation. Registration fees will be refunded in full if cancelled prior to the Early Registration deadline (February 14, 2014). After the Early Bird Registration deadline up to March 26, 2014, 50% of the registration fee will be returned. Thereafter, no refunds will be permitted.
Volunteers & Donations
Student Volunteer Opportunities
Students who wish to work during the conference to defray registration fees may e-mail Alan Noble Webster or call 925-457-1863 for details. Lodging for out-of-town student volunteers may also be available, on a limited basis.
Please contact our Fundraising Coordinator, Eva Bush directly, using this link: www.afs-calneva.org/?page_id=85.